Monday, January 5, 2009

If You're Really My Friend...

...you won't encourage me to eat chocolate or anything sweet(unless it's fruit) with you over the next few months. Mama's gotta work out and get in shape.

I'm officially a total cliche'.

It's time to get back in shape, I was doing so well last spring/summer, and thanks to grad school awesomeness, I let myself go again. If not for the wedding, then for at least the honeymoon. Or hey, even better, for my own health. I don't have a "pounds to lose" goal, I just want to be healthy. So, maybe my goal should be a healthy BMI. I'd like to have a goal of a BMI of 22. Mine's about 26 or 27. Eek.

So, here are my goals:

1) No wine (or anything of the like) during the week with dinner. Maybe once on the weekends.

2) No starving myself. Like I could...

3) No eliminating a certain food group(and I know, ice cream is not a food group), I just want to eat healthily. I want to stick mostly to fresh foods if possible. As Martha Stewart says, "If you can't pronounce the words on the label, put it back on the shelf."

4) Exercise, exercise, exercise. My gym membership and Wii Fit are going to be key players here. So will keeping a gym bag in my car at all times so I can go straight from work.

Motivation in 3...2...1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment