Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This is starting to get ridiculous...

Well, I think we're losing the battle for the theatre ceremony. My mom seems to be so against it, which is frustrating, b/c I think it'd be a really intimate and pretty place....and convenient. While doing some research for work today, I came across a few other places on accident. Let's take a look at number one.

Thomas H. Swope Memorial: This place is in the middle of Swope Park, near the golf course. I haven't seen it in person, and to be honest, had absolutely no idea it existed. It's gorgeous, it's insanely inexpensive, and a dead man is buried underneath. How romantic. Just kidding. But it does kind of compromise my earlier thoughts on getting married at the pretty historic chapel at Elmood Historic Cemetery in KC. I just never pictured myself getting married ON a grave stone. The drawbacks...it's gonna be August, people. We all know that it's going to be hot, unless we're graced with some freakish Missouri weather, which does happen from time to time. We'd definitely have to set up a water/lemonade refreshment area, give the guests some fans, and possibly look into battery operated fans to blow on the guests. I might have to nix my crystal bouquet idea, and go for pretty feather fans instead of bouquets for the girls. Thoughts?





On to option number 2...

Kansas City Athenaeum: I haven't been here, either. R has seen it before, though. This would probably be a wedding/reception combo. It actually is priced decently, also. This would mean giving up the Screenland space, but it is pretty. I've inquired for fun. We could still have the stage wedding ceremony, and everyone could be seated at their tables or something. We'd have to figure that part out. Not really any cons that I know of yet, other than having to hire a security guard. Here are some photos...





2 comments:

  1. If I remember right, the Swope Park place that you are talking about is down in a not so great part of town. I think there are a million stairs to the top. We used to run up them when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking the Athenaeum place..... :)

    ReplyDelete